Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day Ten... We really need a bigger house

Today is such a beautiful day. However, we really need a bigger house! I don't know if I have already shared this, but we live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath house. Every other weekend, we get my fiance's kids, so that makes 2 adults, 4 kids, 1 dog, and 1 cat in our 660 square foot house. Needless to say, we need a bigger house! We are in the process of looking, but until I sell my house, we cannot do much! It is so difficult because we are on top of each other! I have to go in my room and lock the door if I want any piece and quiet to myself. The kids do not have their own rooms, so they are constantly arguing and fighting about who watches what movie and who won't share their toys.

I don't know what it is like having a blended family, but this experience has definitely been trying. My fiance and I tend to argue more when the kids are here because we are not yet on the same page about what parenting will look like. As much as I try not to, I know I treat Andrew differently sometimes. He is only three and has never had siblings before, so this has probably been the most difficult for him. Scott's kids have two other siblings at their mom's house, so this hasn't been much of a change for them. It is hard to explain to a three year old that we are all in this house together and that we all need to share and be nice. He is adjusting, but now Scott's kids can be hard on Andrew at times. They don't like sharing their toys with him, but they will share among themselves. This is frustrating for me. We have definite disagreements on what is acceptable and what is not. Any advice on parenting a blended family would be much appreciated! This definitely adds to my stress, and can sometimes make the weekends enjoyable with all the fighting and arguing going on.

All I can say at this point is that I CANNOT WAIT TO GET A BIGGER HOUSE!!

Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Jenn! Looks like your plate it full! I can only imagine the strain that this puts on your relationship with your fiance. When my husband and I brought our son home, we argued a lot because I was so picky about everything! :) Hopefully you will get that bigger house and the kids can have their own room and things will get easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    I totally understand. My parents are currently living with us in our spare bedroom. As much as you love anyone, there is something to be said about having enough, even ample space. Hang in there. It's almost the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you sell your house soon. I know that looking can be a tedious and long process too. With time, everything will be able to adjust and settle down.

    ReplyDelete