Pretty busy day at school, which I am noticing is becoming more the "norm" as we are winding down the school year. It really frustrates me that I cannot access Ning at school, so I could at least get a bit of homework time in at work during my preps and lunch. But all social networking sites are blocked, so that's a no go. My fiance had to go out of town and won't be back to late tonight, so I decided I would spend some much quality time with my boy. Unfortunately, I realized I forgot to post my blogroll. That's now done- I'm a little upset that it was late though. :(
So I decided to look for ways to manage my stress. I found this great article: http://www.studygs.net/stress.htm. It says to set realistic goals and change how stress affects you. I decided that I am going to quit worrying about losing points in this class. I am doing everything that is "realistic" for me and my life and there is not a whole lot I can do to change things right now, so i just need to roll with it. I'd be really upset to get a "B" in this class, especially since it is an elective and I am working my TAIL off for it and doing everything I can possibly do when I can do it.
I guess the most frustrating piece for me right now is the feeling that my family (and my house) have to take the back seat. I get home from work and make dinner, work on homework until it is bath time, then am so burnt out that it is usually bed time when Andrew goes to bed after his bath. I am really trying to enjoy this class because I am really learning a lot through the great discussions, but I am finding it more and more difficult to find enjoyment in this class when it is so overwhelming!
I hear you there. I am crazy busy right now and can't keep up with it all. The other day I was trying to make a vet apt. The receptionist asked, "What's your phone number?" I responded, "Amy Mongiello".
ReplyDeleteI need a day off!