Last night, my family and I went to a wedding of a good friend. While there, my older stepdaughters kept asking me questions about our upcoming wedding. By the end of the night, I was so nervous. All I could continue thinking about was things that I really hope my turns out well. I realized (now less than 2 weeks before the wedding) that we had totally spaced music for the wedding itself. The ceremony is only going to be about 15 minutes, but we didn't plan music for guests arriving or even us walking down the aisle. Oh boy, I have some work to do!!
On another note, I am getting more and more excited for this class to be over. I am getting so frustrated! I am working my tail off, and because I miss a simple thing like mistagging my websites, I lost a stupid point. My frustration level is pretty high with this class right now. I was under the impression that she would be emailing us to let us know if we were missing things on our assignments. I was "done" by Tuesday, and never received an email that I had mistagged my websites. Nor did I receive any emails that I wasn't specific enough on how I would modify and use another classmates lesson. I guess I just don't see how being that nitpicky is helping me be a better educator. Generally speaking, in my class, I allow my students to go back and change things before I give it a final grade. Especially if they are done early. With the wedding coming up, I wanted to start the final project early. No such luck. This is the only class that I haven't been able to work ahead when I request it. Not sure how this allows me to work at my own pace. Oh well, I'm kinda over it... I have other things to worry about... just had to vent!
4 days of school, 13 days until the wedding!!
Wow. I hear you being overwhelmed. I was hoping to work ahead as I am leaving for summer vacation right after school is out. I'm still hoping that she will release it early!
ReplyDelete